Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Have a Job

I have been unemployed since March of 2009 after being laid off. I did some school and temp jobs but I generally felt unhappy working as a temporary receptionist answering phones that rang about 3 times a day. I kind of gave up on job hunting although I was still using two employment agencies, but I recommitted myself after Christmas to finding a job.

I applied to many jobs on Craigslist and never had any luck until this week. I applied, got a call a couple hours later, interviewed a few hours later, and met with a client the next day.

Ladies and gentlewomen (I don't know if there are any guys that read this) I am now a
dog-walker.

That's right, a dog-walker. The money isn't great considering it isn't an all day gig but I am really enjoying it and I would take this over being a receptionist any day.

I can finally put all my hours of watching The Dog Whisperer to use. If you know someone that needs a dog-walker in LA you know who to call.

5 comments:

Andrea Coles said...

Yay! Welcome to the world of independent contractors. Haha. At least you get to be outside and spend time with animals - beats what I do. Ok, now I'm jealous.

Rachel said...

Hooray! That's pretty cool! I always thought I'd want some kind of different job like that. So are you one of those people who take 5-6 dogs at a time?

Lacy Rane said...

Congratulations!! I am glad that you found something that you will enjoy. We'll have to come up and see you in action!

kat said...

Congrats! That's awesome:)

Meg said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations! That is a great job.