Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Philippines, Finally

The Philippines were wonderful and I am finally making time to document just how wonderful. For your viewing pleasure I have created some picture collages to illustrate to fabulousness that is the Philippines.


In Transit:
-Plane to Manila (a dump of a place) and spent a day there
-Went to see Legend of the Guardians in 3D
-Took a tiny plane to a tiny airport in Palawan
-Took a tiny boat to our resort: Club Paradise



Club Paradise (4 days):
-I got certified for diving
-Island hopping
-Lots of relaxing, snorkeling, and diving
-We were also serenaded every night at dinner by the resort band



Scuba Diving:
-Coolest thing = Cuttlefish (look them up)
-Sea turtles
-Amazing tropical fish




El Rio Y Mar (3 days):
-More amazing island hopping, snorkeling, and diving
-Some seriously huge geckos in our room

Both resorts we stayed at were on very small islands and the resort was the only thing on them. It was an incredible trip filled with sun, swimming, relaxing, and family.

5 comments:

Andrea Coles said...

Wow, that looks amazing. How fun to practically have an island to yourselves! Love the picture of the giant gecko. I don't think I'd have slept very well knowing something that large was lurking around the room. But at least they eat bugs!

Jodi said...

That really does look incredible. I need a vacation like that...Taylor's family wants to go to Costa Rica in Feb, but I'm not sure I want to do that 7 months pregnant- boo. I hope you are still enjoying China, sometimes I miss it, but I definitely miss hanging out with you guys.

Rian Krommenhoek said...

Beautiful pictures! Asia has some serious down sides, but they obviously have some awesome up sides too.

Lacy Rane said...

What an amazing vacation! The girls especially loved the picture of you two scuba diving!

The Bredensteiners said...

I will not cry, I will not cry- I AM SO JEALOUS!! Congrats on being certified Kristen, you are now part of the family! Enjoy the rest of your time in ASIA.