Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Optimus Prime

Those of you that are familiar with Transformers may be wondering why I would be blogging about such a thing. But just look at the similarities in these two pictures..

Optimus Prime Me


Do you see it?
Take a closer look at what my new swim cap has written on the side.


Now you must see it!

Our apartment complex here has a pretty sweet clubhouse including karaoke rooms, a gym, squash courts, billiards, ping-pong, and a giant lap pool. Swimming sounds like a dream in the hot and humid weather here so I have decided to add it to my workout regimen. The rules for pool usage are written in Chinese but they have kindly included pictures for us foreigners and I can at least gather that a swim cap is required; hence the new Optimus Prime swim cap.

I was at the supermarket today and I thought I should at least check what they had in the swimming department and it was slim-pickins' as far as caps go. But I have no idea where a sporting goods store is and I don't want to spend a lot of money so I grabbed myself this little Optimus Prime beauty of a cap. I'm pretty pleased with my purchase.

PS - I know the picture of me is pretty great with just the swim cap and goggles but for some reason the gold chain I am sporting makes it ten times cooler.





6 comments:

Rian Krommenhoek said...

awesome! Kees has a polka dot cap and coy has a striped one. I don't really understand why, but all pools in china require caps. so glad you made it safely. I'm sure you'll love it as much as we did. can't wait for more pictures

Rachel said...

That pretty much rocks.

The Lindes said...

lol, that's hilarious. i had a good laugh!

Julie said...

Yes, all pools in china require caps--except mine!
I met your RS president today--she's visiting her parents in Manhattan! Weird huh?

shauntel said...

Sweet cap. At least they don't require speedos for men -- my sister's family went to a pool that did in France.

klanshe said...

What a wonderful picture. It was great to see the two of you this week. Looks like you are adapting wonderfully. See you again in Aug or Sept