Thursday, July 29, 2010

Say Hello To My Little Friend

Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Gus, our tiny new addition. Getting a cat was not part of our China plan so let me explain how this tiny guy came into our lives.



On Tuesday night Chris and I were walking home from dinner when we saw this tiny kitty run from one bush to another. I have a MAJOR soft-spot for animals so I immediately tried to catch him but to no avail. My heart ached as we walked away and I could hear his tiny cries. Wednesday night when I was walking to meet Chris for dinner I heard a kitty meowing right in the same area as the night before. I thought this must be fate and set out to rescue him.

He was hiding in a long stretch of bushes along a busy street and I began crawling around in the dark trying to find him. I spotted him several times but couldn't catch him and people were staring but I didn't care. I soon had a group of people helping me catch him and we finally succeeded! I think most of them were so helpful because they thought it was my own cat I had lost instead of a stray. Anyways, he was terrified and clawed/bit my hand pretty good until I put him in my purse and carried him to the pet shop around the corner. Seriously, it is right around the corner from where I found him and from where we live, how fortuitous! Chris left work to help me at the pet shop and after a flea bath and buying a few essentials we took the kitty home.





He is a major scaredy cat but we are warming him up to us slowly. The petshop people said he can't be more than 2 months old but there is no way to know for sure.

I'm glad to have a little friend with me in China.
Welcome to the family little Gus.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness he is so adorable!!!

I LOVE kitties! Ryan will never ever let me get one though. :(

Is he coming home with you guys?

The Lindes said...

he looks so ciddley!

the bike ride looked fun. i cant believe how big that gash was! gross!

The Lindes said...

and by ciddley i meant cuddley.

Dan and Merideth said...

baby kittens are so adorable! (i want one now..) that is a great story and im so glad that you saved him!

im sure you will be a good kitten mommy!

shauntel said...

oh, so cute.

Diane said...

Very snuggly!

Deborah and Stephen said...

oh my goodness!. I am jealous,I want a china pet! :) we ran into a little kitty the other day too. so sad. I am glad that you rescued that one :)

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

That cat is way too pretty to be a stray! Good catch Kristen - pun intended. :)

Julie said...

Kristen--you have officially become a Lanshe woman now! Chris told us you had pulled a mom by adopting this little guy! Made me laugh. My kitty friends make my life better--wherever I pick them up!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

omgosh! we had a cat name Gus (Augustus because we got in him in August) that looked just like that! He is soooo adorable! Hopefully he will keep you company!