Monday, September 6, 2010

Callings and The Bund

Quickly, I just want to say that Chris and I both got callings in our branch here and guess what? They are the exact same callings we had in our LA ward. I am teaching Sunbeams and Chris is teaching the Young Men and we are really happy about it.

A couple weekends ago we went to The Bund. FYI: Shanghai is split in two parts by the Yellow River and The Bund is the street that faces the river on our side of town. It's a fun place to walk around for the cool colonial architecture and fabulous view across the river (Pudong).


Pudong


The Bund

Did you know there are A LOT of people in China? Yeah, well there are and it is really fun when you get to walk in a river of Chinese people (see below). The roads to get back to the subway were packed with people and, to make it even more exciting, there were buses and cars trying to drive on the same road. It's also really hot and humid, yummy.



Here is a picture of me just in case you miss my face.


I've adopted the Chinese ways and like to throw up a peace sign for pictures.

And here is a picture of Chris just because he is cute.



PS - Can everyone see my blog header ok?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see your blog header! I'm glad you guys are loving your stay!!! Do you get to see Chris any more than you did when you were in LA? When do you get back? ...so many questions! Did Jess tell you we live next door to each other? Well we are! Crazy huh? I can't wait for her little baby to come!!!!

shauntel said...

your blog header = super cute
me = jealous of your china adventure

Julie said...

Love your blog header. And yes, I agree, Chris is cute. So are you! Can't wait to see you all!
ps--technically, the huangpu translates as the yellow bank river (or river with the yellow bank) not to be confused with the other yellow river in china...basically, all the rivers in china are yellow looking because they're all so full of silt(and other unmentionnables)

Lacy Rane said...

I am very excited to walk The Bund! And after seeing the picture of those crowds of people, I am especially excited to do it with no kids!!

ps. Love Julie's 'ps' comment . . . hee hee . . . and gross!

Deborah and Stephen said...

oh man, it was the same when Stephen and I went to the Bund.. I wonder why it has to be so packed! honestly! Good to see you guys are still hanging in there! :) miss ya

The Lindes said...

holy sea of chinese people. that is so crazy! it's like movies of new york only in china!!

and yes we can see you blog header. i love the birds.

Katie said...

So I have totally been stalking you on your blog, and it is so nice to get a dose of you in my life. Miss you.

Courtney said...

Looks like you guys are having a good time. Will you ever be coming back?

And I love the different accessories you're wishing for.