Thursday, September 18, 2008

They Caught Me

We have been in the ward since December of last year and I have been without a calling...until now. As usual, I feel pretty inadequate but I am excited for what I will learn. My new calling is to teach the

SUNBEAMS

There are 5 of them right now and I have a few months with them before a new batch come in fresh from the nursery. I have spent one week with them and I have learned a few things:

1. a 4 year old's attention span maxes out at about 7 minutes
2. some kids only have one volume: LOUD
3. I can count on at least 3 things to entertain them: food, singing, and coloring

This will be an adventure.

5 comments:

Andrea Coles said...

That is funny! Spencer and I had the Sunbeams before our ward split. Let me know if you need any ideas for it... they can be very tiring if you're not super prepared. They are the cutest though, so I'm sure you will love it!!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

So I do feel a bit sorry for you...having been in primary for the last year and watching the crazy Sunbeams. They're so cute, though, and they do say the funniest things. I'm sad that I won't be in primary when I get back, we would have had so much fun. I am going to miss it. Good luck!

Meg said...

Oh Sunbeams! Let me know if you need any ideas for activities, before they made the new Nursery manual we were using the same one. So, I have a couple project books with some fun projects.

The Lindes said...

Wow! Good luck! You'll have so much fun!

The Bredensteiners said...

i live with those kids :)