Tuesday, September 2, 2008

End of Summer Festivities

I have been dreading the end of summer for the past few weeks; the days are getting shorter and beach days will soon be over. But I am trying to be positive about this, after all it means our apartment won't be 80+ degrees everyday and I can start wearing sweaters (my favorite). We enjoyed Labor day weekend with my family and spent Monday with friends. Going to my parent's house means cramming in as many games as possible like board games, swimming, badminton, Wii, the golf simulator for Chris, etc. Monday we went on a hike, which I agreed to do under the conditions it was roughly 2.5 miles. It was too late to turn back when I found out it was almost 7 miles. I spent the following hours recuperating in my bed. Then we ended the weekend with a barbecue with friends.


Practicing with my new camera. I made Chris do this a few times before I got it right.

Cutest baby Andrew!

My man workin' the barbecue.


5 comments:

kat said...

That does look like fun. We had so much fun at your parents house when we lived in California last summer. I wish we could go back.

Dan and Jazmine said...

I love the last picture when we were stretching... we look miserable! hey did you get sore? im not too bad at all that butt stretch that you taught me must have really worked!

Teague & Jakelle said...

Hey you guys! Member us? Teague and Jakelle? :) Your pictures are so cute, glad to see the married life is goin well!

Brittnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittnie said...

We're gonna miss having you guys at Grandma Rane's birthday party tomorrow...