Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Finally, the New Couch

Several months ago Chris and I went to a silent auction put on by a scout in our ward. I'll admit there were some pretty rockin' things donated by members of the ward. I took a couple laps around the room to see if there was anything I was willing to spend money on (we are poor, especially since I haven't been working for several months) but nothing caught my eye. Thankfully, Chris noticed a very choice item that was up for auction; a custom couch for only $350! We had been putting away a little bit of money every month into "the couch fund," one time we even got up to $600 but then I wanted to take photography classes so I spent it on a new camera…I kind of regret that decision. Anyways, we definitely had enough in "the couch fund" to at least make the minimum bid. I am so glad no one else in the ward had their eyes on a new couch!

I spent a couple weeks looking at couch designs I liked and fabrics and we finally settled on one. Once it was ordered It took a little longer than expected, okay A HECK OF A LOT longer than expected, but we finally got our couch! Overall, I am very pleased with the outcome although it is larger than anticipated. Because our front door is positioned in a pretty tight area the couch had to come through the balcony window which was easy since we live on the first floor, I'm just hoping the size isn't a problem for any of our future apartments.

I was thrilled to say "peace out" to our old couch that was generously donated by my parents. While this couch was comfortable it had definitely seen better days, about 15 years ago. I had to roll my eyes when Chris was hesitant to get rid of that couch.

Just giving our couch one last sit, notice the lovely original floral print underneath. I didn't remember we had to put the couch in front of our building until 12:30am so we got out of bed and carried it out as quietly as possible.

Our new couch! It's an awesome faux suede that has a tiny bit of texture and I really love it. Chris had to warm up to the new couch by lying on it for several hours straight. I've ordered new throw pillows and I'm excited to see how they look.

Did I mention that the couch was supposed to arrive on Tuesday afternoon so we had the old couch picked up around then but the new one didn't come until Saturday? Really cool.

4 comments:

Erinn said...

Yeah! The new couch. Can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

Yay! That looks so great! We are still looking for a couch, too bad we couldn't take your old one off your hands for ya! Your new one is really cute :)

Meg said...

Looks good. Can't wait to see it in person.

Lacy Rane said...

What a great bid!