Monday, October 15, 2007

How We Met


Just like many other BYU students, we met in our church ward while living at Foxwood Condos. Chris had lived in the ward for two semesters already when I moved there in May. I had my eye on Chris for several weeks before we met at Church. He was assigned to be my best friend, Jessica’s, home teacher and after I saw him talking to her at church I immediately inquired as to whom this handsome young man was. She told me his name and that he was unavailable.

Despite the obvious obstacle of him being unavailable I was not deterred in my quest. I jokingly told friends I was convinced that if Chris would just date me he was sure to see that we were meant to be. But while he was unavailable, my dream could not become a reality so I just admired him from a distance.

I will admit I occasionally visited his facebook profile to check for updates…like a change in relationship status and to my delight there was! I didn’t want to appear eager so I just hoped that he would ask to be my friend and my wish was granted. I proceeded to do some minor flirting via email and voilà! We talked the following Sunday at Ward prayer and he got my number.


He didn’t waste any time and invited me golfing the next day. I am not big on games so I cut out his guesswork and followed up by inviting him swimming the following day and we’ve seen each other everyday since—and every day in the future.

1 comment:

Erinn said...

Again...very similar. When I met Andrew he was dating someone else but I knew that I could break them up & well...it worked!