Monday, March 9, 2009

Moving

So, we moved...all the way down the block. Yes, we packed up our stuff and moved down the street. We basically did it for me. I was tired of having a disgusting kitchen, loud neighbors, a tiny closet, a leaky ceiling, and 50 visible layers of paint on the walls. The new place isn't any bigger but I love it because the kitchen is much much brighter, we have a great closet, the bathroom isn't connected to our bedroom, I haven't heard a peep from our neighbors, and the building is a heck of a lot nicer than our old place.

I did not do well capturing the chaos that took place while moving but I took some pictures that show a small part of the mess. These pictures were taken after we spent the day trying to put things in their place but there was still stuff everywhere. Notice the paint on the kitchen wall, we also painted a wall in the living room and I love it!




I still have a lot of odds and ends to figure out and shelves to put up but it has come a long way from this. I will post pictures when everything is in its place.

PS-Thank you to everyone who helped us move! It was funny to see out stuff being walked down the street but hey, it was a quick move.

4 comments:

Erinn said...

I can't wait to see it all put together! PS: I love the blue.

Rian Krommenhoek said...

I hope this is the new place you posted about before. congratulations! Moves are always tiring, but isn't it great to reinvent yourself in a new space.

Diane said...

I can't wait to see what you've done with your new place! I promise I won't take as long to go up this time.

Meg said...

We will need to come over and see it when it is all complete. Can't wait to see it all put together.