Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Visitors

Last weekend my father-in-law came for a visit. Since Chris's family doesn't live nearby it is always a treat to see them. We also had my parents visit on Saturday. I brainstormed a couple ideas that would be parent-friendly and inexpensive so we decided to go to the Getty Villa. If you haven't gone and you are in the area I would highly recommend it. Admission is free but parking is $10/car. It is really beautiful and you can take little tours guided by a docent. Saturday was pretty overcast, which was nice for walking around but not great for taking pictures of the pretty landscape.







There was a kid's room where you can color on vases and trace on paper vases. They asked me to take a survey about the room and all the questions asked "were your kids...entertained, did they learn, etc." That survey and the height of the chairs made me think that room was not meant for people my age. But it was fun!

3 comments:

Larkin Family said...

You look so great! I love to look at your blog...it's a fun way to keep in touch and look at what you are up to. Have a great day!

Mardee Rae said...

I love your hair! Now I want to cut mine. And as for the sunbeams, just remember that you can't have five three-year-olds all at once (five of your own, I mean), so don't let it scare you. My advice: remember it isn't their fault they aren't listening, they're trying to learn to pay attention, so get creative and put your requests into less no's and more yes's ("please put your bottom on the chair"instead of "no standing on the chairs")

Unknown said...

I forgot to tell you, I love the haircut!